What: Notice of Annual General Meeting (AGM)
When: Sunday, May 27, 2018, at 2:00 PM (Start of Registration)
Where: Panorama Room at the Edgemont Community Centre
Who: Meeting is open to the public. To vote, a person must be a Regular Member over 18 who is in good standing for at least 30 days prior to the General Meeting (i.e. by April 27, 2018). Maximum 2 Voting Members per Regular Membership.
Why: Ordinary business including:
- Adopting the agenda;
- Adopting the minutes of the previous AGM;
- Considering and adopting the President’s report;
- Considering and adopting Officers’ and Directors’ reports;
- Reviewing the financial statements and auditor’s report;
- Appointing the Auditor(s);
- Electing Directors.
PLUS: Special Resolutions
1. Adopting the minutes of the March 2, 2017, Special General Meeting
2. Approval of changes to the Bylaws of the ECA
3. Any other Special Resolutions proposed by Members (a request must be submitted in writing to the Secretary at least 30 days before the meeting, i.e. by April 27, 2018)
Election of Directors
M, Voting Members elect at least half of the Directors each serving for a Term of 2 years. In 2017, the Board consisted of 9 Directors. This year, there are four returning Directors who do not stand for election.
A slate of 5 nominees for Director positions will be proposed by the current Board for consideration by the Members.
In addition, any Regular Member over 18 who is in good standing for at least 30 days prior to this AGM (i.e. by April 27, 2018) may be nominated. It is recommended that such nominees give Notice to the Secretary prior to this AGM.