The community of Edgemont is a residential neighborhood in Northwest Calgary Alberta Canada, was developed in 1978 and the Edgemont Community Association (“ECA”) was formed in 1980. The community is one of Calgary’s largest residential developments with 16,000 residences, 5,400 dwellings, three schools, and abundant green space and parks. The ECA offers programs at the Edgemont Community Centre and skating rink, along with opportunities for community interaction and inclusion.
The ECA is looking for a General Manager (“GM”) responsible, for the execution of all matters relating to operations of the ECA based on the annual business plan and under the guidance of the Board. This includes management of the day to day operations of the ECA, including but not limited to planning, administration, short-term and long-term rentals, internal and external programming associated with the community association and the oversite of the ELM (Enhanced Landscape Maintenance program) in partnership with the City of Calgary. The GM will attend ECA board meetings and provide updates with respect to operations and ECA business, and highlight issues requiring direction and decision by the Board.
The General Manager receives direction from and reports directly to the Board of Directors, through the ECA President, and has the following responsibilities:
Stewardship and Development of ECA’s Resources including:
- Leadership and direction of staff and ECA volunteers
- Development, implementation, management and oversight of the capital and operating budgets, and including management of expenditures within budget, financial accounting, reporting and contract negotiation and implementation
- Sustainment and growth of revenue-generating activities including grant-writing and fundraising
- Facility, equipment and green space management including “Lifecycle” maintenance
- IT and Communications infrastructure
Board, Stakeholder and Community Relations
- Assist in the recruitment and orientation of the Board members and other volunteers
- Communication with the Board, members, volunteers, and residents including both written and verbal reports, information, articles posted to the website, social media and the newsletter
- Recommendations to the Board on changes to policies and procedures
Operations and Administration Procedures: including but not limited to:
- Compliance with all government legislation, regulations, guidelines pertinent to the ECA’s role as an employer and non-profit agency
- Development and implementation of HR plans, operational plans, regulations and procedures and goals that further the objectives of the organization
- Development, planning, delivery and evaluation of programs and services
- Post-secondary education ideally in a business or community development field (for example, the Sports and Recreation Management program through MRU), coupled with a demonstrated ability to develop a culture of inclusion and learning.
- At least 5-years’ experience in operations, facility management and/or program management.
- Strong interpersonal and communicational skills to build relationships inside the community and other stakeholders.
- Experience in the non-profit sector.
- Proficiency, through strong leadership and coaching skills, in supporting a team of staff and volunteers to establish impact with community supporters, service users, and the larger community and to share these accomplishments with stakeholders.
- Ability to contribute to discussions on a wide array of topics such as financial and business planning, marketing, evaluating outcomes and Human Resources management.
Please submit your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com.
We will be accepting resumes by email only until Friday, October 25, 2019, at 5 PM.