Start date: February 18, 2020
Hours per week: 22.5 hours per week + evening/weekend hours as required Salary: $19.75 / hour
How to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
What materials to submit a cover letter, resume Address cover letter to General Manager Application deadline date and time: February 7, 2020
Edgemont Community Association (ECA)
(Hourly Rate: $19.75/hour, 22.5 hours/week + some evening/weekend as required)
The Community Association of Edgemont is looking for creative Public Relations and Program Coordinator to assist with the promotion, marketing, and coordination of community programs and events. Help us make a difference with community life in one of the largest communities in Calgary. The successful candidate will work closely with the General Manager on the development and implementation of an effective communication plan.
Responsibilities include: coordination of ECA website communication, press releases, social media and newsletter content. Edgemont is rated in the top ten communities to live in Calgary, with a loyal customer base. Our goal is to further engage our residents to find a place to belong within the Edgemont Community Association. The employee will be involved in hands-on program and event development, attaining qualified instructors for programs, working with dedicated volunteers and liaising with internal and external program providers. ECA is attached to the Edgemont Elementary School, which adds to the vibrancy of the centre. The candidate will be an integral part of the ECA team and will provide daily office support 22.5 hours per week.
The Public Relations Program Coordinator reports directly to the General Manager of the Edgemont Community Association and is responsible for;
- Implement communications strategies to accomplish increased community engagement and membership
- Administer website content, including program/event information, event promotion, enhancements to website look and feel
- Oversee all communication details to be added to website/social media and bold signs as per GM approval.
- Work closely with the GM to incorporate a basic communications plan and achieve measurable results, including maintaining regular reports on communication metrics for the Board of Directors
- Develop brochures, newsletters, blogs, and website content
- Support the development of new programs and events for the community
- Negotiate contracts with key stakeholders and qualified instructors for program/event facilitation
- Supervision of event volunteers including recruitment, scheduling, and appreciation
- Event coordination of annual community events with assistance from staff and other community members
- Follow Board Policy and ECA procedures, including recommending improvements where necessary
- Office support shall include answering phones, replying to emails, accepting registration/membership payments, providing support to full-time staff and other administrative procedures as required.
- Post-secondary education in Public Relations/Communications/Marketing or related field.
- Strong customer service skills, including excellent oral and written communication
- Extensive experience coordinating website promotion and social media platforms, with proficiency on Facebook and Twitter
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Google Docs, Office suite products.
- Experience with other platforms such as Instagram and LinkedIn an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of website promotional experience with content and design
- Strong leadership skills with an excellent ability to communicate with a diverse group of people on collaborative projects
- Minimum 3 years experience facilitating programs for children, youth and seniors
- Experience supervising volunteers and coordinating large community events
- Valid First Aid Certification and CPR/AED training
- Valid Drivers Licence
- WHIMMIS training an asset